- Provide forum for information exchange and facilitate communications among members and seed chain actors
- Represent the interest of members in the national and international forum and promote partnership with relevant stakeholders.
- Up-grade knowledge and skills of members engaged in seed production, distribution and trade leading to business and professional development.
- Promote the use of high quality improved seed and planting materials that confirm to the national and international standards
- Promote high standards of business ethics and facilitate the settlement of disputes among members.
- Establish a transparent and equitable regulatory system for the Seed Industry through sustained dialogue with Government Authorities
- Promote activities that lead to the harmonization of seed policy, laws, and regulation in the region through lobby and dialogue